Tuesday, June 24, 2008

First long trip

Over the weekend I took the car on the first trip of any real distance. It was about 90 miles each way. All of it was on regular 2 lane highway. There were a few things I noticed.
  1. The A/C is putting out cold air, but the fan seems weak.

  2. New tires. I NEED new tires.

  3. Shocks (or struts? I don't know the difference to be honest with you) will be needed as well.

  4. My headlights SUCK and I did not feel safe driving at highway speeds after dark. Even with the brights on, it felt like they weren't reaching out as far as they should. That is the first thing I need to fix.

  5. Gas Milege. My gas gauge is inaccurate so I couldn't figure out what kind of milege I was getting.

It wasn't all bad though. In fact, there were some positives.

  1. Passing. When I was leaving town I got stuck behind a semi. I pulled out to pass and saw I was in a convoy. I put the pedal down and flew past them. Nice to know it can handle a little speed.

  2. The radio works good, but not great. It can pick up some distant stations, but has trouble holding onto them. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me which aftermarket head units have the best tuners.

Okay, so that's only 2 positives, but I was mostly on the lookout for problems.

I'm still trying to decide what the first big "project" should be. Tires are going to be the first thing I'm going to buy, but those will be put on by a shop.

Oh, pics are coming soon.

*just a quick note. I know I said the headlights need to be fixed first. When I said "project," I meant sort of a big-ticket, high-dollar repair.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks for showing useful comparison of Junk Yards. Please keep giving the solution to understand the comparison easily.

Junk Yard | Junk cars | Money For Junk Cars