Saturday, June 21, 2008

Is this what happens?



It's 5:30 on a Saturday morning, I'm outside with my dash ripped apart and fiddling with the antenna wire. Is that what happens when you're a "car guy?"

Well, at least I get better radio reception now. It's a temporary fix. I moved the antenna wire around until I found a "sweet spot." I was reading the manual for the CD player and it said an adapter might be needed. I found half a bent paper clip wedged into the hole for the antenna wire.

It makes me wonder how many other things on my car have been "Macgyver'd" together...

So, here's a quick rundown of some things that need replacing

  • Tires - I can get Goodyear Eagles at Sam's Club for $75.53 a tire which adds up to %302.12. I'm sure that amount will go up with installation and disposal of the old tires. (They always find new and innovative ways to screw you)
  • Serpentine belt - not even sure, but it can't be too expensive, right?
  • New stereo - I figured I should include at least one fun thing on the list. I don't know, maybe 300 bucks for a decent one?
I'll post more later in the day and hopefully get some pictures up.

No comments: